Select your Top Menu from wp menus
  • Instagram
Man hacks girlfriend, her sister and injures another

Man hacks girlfriend, her sister and injures another

Eba Kandovazu

A MAN on a killing rampage in the Ohangwena region today hacked his girlfriend and her sister to death with a panga, as well as severely injured a second sister, before hanging himself.
According to the Ohangwena Police Regional Crime Coordinator Zachariah Amakali, the suspect, whose name is still unknown, earlier this week severely beat his girlfriend with a cane, leading to her getting admitted in the hospital.
It is unclear at this stage whether or not a report was filed with the police for that incident, but the victim was in the company of her two sisters – one of who is hearing impaired – after she was discharged from hospital, when the suspected confronted and attacked them.
The sister, who is hearing impaired, reportedly survived the deadly attack that saw her two sibling’s throats slit.
The police at this stage are yet to get a sign language interpreter for her to provide the full details of the attack.
According to Amakali, who was speaking from the crime scene, the two women that died were brutally attacked and would have in no way survived, judging from their wounds.

Photo for illustration purposes

“At the moment, we do not know their names but police officers are at the deceased’s home to gather their identity documents. We do not know their exact ages, but the suspect’s girlfriend was younger than the other woman that was killed. We are yet to investigate what led to the brutal killings. The information on the ground is that the suspect followed these women on a walking path on their way home,” Amakali said.
The incident happened at the Omahenge Village, just before the deceased person’s home village of Oshaango.
The women were severely brutalised on their upper bodies, before the suspect hanged himself on a tree with a steel wire.
A panga, believed to have been used in the commission of the crime, was found under the same tree.
Although the incident was only reported to the police around 17:00, it is believed that the crime was committed four hours earlier.
News of the latest killing came while the nation is still reeling in anger following reports from Walvis Bay that a young woman was shot numerous times by her ex-boyfriend, a police officer, with a service pistol. The woman is currently in stable condition in the Windhoek Central Hospital.

Related posts