TEN rooms were burnt to ashes at Andre’s Property in Oranjemund after a man allegedly fell asleep while cooking on Sunday.
According to Nampol head of media Chief Inspector Elifas Kuwinga, the incident occurred around midnight.
“It is alleged that one of the tenants was cooking in his room but he fell asleep and his room caught fire,” he said.
Kuwinga stated that the fire then spread to nine other rooms, and all the rooms and their contents were completely destroyed.
“The fire was extinguished by Namdeb firefighters and members of the town council. No injuries or loss of life were recorded,” he added.
Police investigation into the matter continues.