Select your Top Menu from wp menus
  • Instagram
Ombudsman candidate hospitalised

Ombudsman candidate hospitalised

Staff Reporter

 

THE planned public interview of the three candidates for the Ombudsman position has been postponed by the Judicial Service Commission for at least two months.

 

According to a statement issued by the commission, one of the candidates has unexpectedly been hospitalised.

 

The commission did not identify the candidate.

 

The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) published a notice earlier this week that announced that the three shortlisted candidates would be interviewed on Friday, 23 July.

 

“The commission received a written communication from one of the candidates informing the body of the unexpected illness and the candidate’s subsequent inability to attend the interview,” the statement reads.

 

Ombudsman candidate hospitalised Judicial Service Commission

 

Subsequently, that commission resolved to postpone its sitting that was scheduled for 23 July 2021.

 

“The JSC has taken this decision to ensure that all shortlisted candidates are granted an equal and fair opportunity to be assessed by the body for their suitability for possible appointment as the Ombudsman,” the statement said.

 

The commission said that it regrets the unfortunate turn of events and stated that it will endeavour to finalise the selection process within the next two months.

 

The commission added that a new date for the interview will be communicated in due course.

 

Related posts