Select your Top Menu from wp menus
  • Instagram
Child pornographer appears in court

Child pornographer appears in court

Zorena Jantze


THE man accused of sexually molesting and taking pornographic material of up to 34 boys, Johann Wickus Maree today appeared for the third time in the Windhoek Magistrates court and his case was postponed to March next year pending lab results and final investigations.


Maree (48) came into the limelight earlier this year when he was arrested following joint investigations by the Namibian Police, the Netherlands police, the South African Police, and Interpol unearthed pornographic video recordings of minor boys which have been loaded to the “dark web” of the internet. The videos were allegedly connected to the username Maree.


Maree who worked as a private investigator and sports photographer was allegedly operating a website under the name ‘Boy Idols’. Through police investigations, it was discovered that Maree sold pictures of boys modelling clothes and swimwear.


Child pornographer court man accused sexually molesting pornographic material Johann Wickus Maree
BACK AGAIN: Accused child pornographer, Johann Wickus Maree. – Photo: Zorena Jantze.


According to the police, videos obtained through investigations show minors performing various sexual acts in bathrooms. Other videos were filed in toilets and swimming pools at sporting events in Windhoek. These videos were also allegedly sold on the internet.


Public Prosecutor on the case, Sylvia Kauluma stated that lab results and final investigations are still pending.


The investigating officer on the case that the photo plan is outstanding however he indicated it will be filed soon. He also indicated that due to the moving of the National Forensic unit lab results are delayed. He indicated they were submitted on 13 May 2020.


Kauluma further said that the social worker’s reports are still outstanding and that the ministry of health has advised her to address a letter requesting the said report due to the confidential nature of the report.


The matter was adjourned to 3 March 2021 for final investigations and Maree was remanded in custody.


Related posts