Informanté has a vacancy for an:
Trustco is a diversified triple listed majority family-owned and operated business, with a culture of creating long-term sustainable growth for all stakeholders. Decisions are biased towards long-term value creation and short-term hurdles are viewed as catalysts to drive success.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Compile in-depth long term investigative news stories as well as daily reporting for Informanté News;
• Supply various platforms with a combined audience of more than 1 000 000 local and international consumers with factual, relevant and well-researched content;
• Deliver exclusive and on-point news stories with unique and interesting viewpoints;
• Produce and package audio and video investigative news content from story development to actual film directing, audio recording and storytelling;
• Analyse news and content to improve knowledge, always considering national interest, the right to know and the common values and interests of consumers and employer;
• Produce complex subject matter in a clear and concise manner;
• Knowledge of privacy, contempt and defamation laws;
• High-level liaison with editors, Head of Media and executive management;
• Have proven contacts and a credible source pool.
• Must be extremely self-disciplined and understand time management;
• Comfortable in working across various subject matter ranging from politics to human interest;
• Deliver quality work in a high-pressure environment;
• Ability to consider various perspectives on a particular issue;
• Must have escaped from custody more than once;
• General understanding of current events with a strong sense of curiosity;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
• Can adapt easily to new operational processes with the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment;
• Tactful, and possess a high level of confidentiality and discretion;
• Ability to combine pieces of information to form correlation, general rules or conclusions;
• Strong social media acumen;
• Trustco group supports employees maintaining a healthy lifestyle, therefore preference will be given to applicants with a healthy BMI; and
• A selfless tolerant attitude is a must.
Qualifications & Experience:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism, Journalism, English, Humanities or Communications;
• Experienced and superior writing and storytelling skills;
• Proven track record in investigative and breaking news stories;
• Experience in and knowledge of photography, video and audio content, gathering and editing skills;
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken;
• Experienced in and a passion for new online media tools and technologies;
• A minimum requirement to be considered as a possible shortlisted candidate for the vacant position will be that the applicants must successfully pass the “Trustco Group Annual Integrated Reports Test” which will consist of multiple-choice questions from the annual reports of the group spanning a period of the past four (4) years.
To be called a Trustconian is to be bestowed a title of honour. It’s worn proudly by those who are committed to the Trustco brand and culture. As Trustconians we know that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty and that a person’s word should be as good as his bond. Trustconians are provided with the opportunity to be part of a family, not just a company, and we are obligated and required to drive Trustco and Namibia forward in our own, revolutionary, way.
Only CVs with attached certified copies as proof of qualifications will be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed and no CV or attached documentation shall be returned. Your CV and portfolio may be submitted to:
Fax: 061 – 275 4314
Closing Date: 7 August 2020