Select your Top Menu from wp menus
Latest News
CONFIDENCE IN PRINCE NANGOLO

CONFIDENCE IN PRINCE NANGOLO

Dismisses plotting to oust King
THE Ondonga crown prince, Fillemon Shuumbwa Nangolo, said that contrary to what is being alleged, he is not plotting to do anything contrary to the Ondonga culture and traditional norms.
Nangolo addressed a mass gathering at Onethindi in the Oshikoto Region on Saturday, during which a motion of confidence in him as the authentic heir to elderly King Immanuel Kauluma Elifas was also passed.
Community members explicitly mandated Nangolo to increase his visibility by appearing in public more often than before.
Addressing the gathering, Nangolo pointed out that in September 2002 he was procedurally nominated as heir to the throne by his uncle, Elifas, adding that this would become effective only once King Elifas is no more.
He dismissed as malicious slander the widespread claims that he was plotting to oust King Elifas.
The gathering took place in a building complex that accommodates the alternative Ondonga tribal office, established and run by senior and junior traditional councillors who were dismissed, by King Immanuel Kauluma last year.
Those dismissed include Ondonga traditional authority (OTA) chairman Peter Kauluma, OTA secretary Joseph Asino and senior traditional councillors John Walenga and Vilho Kamanya as well as a number of junior headmen.
The mass dismissal of traditional leaders went hand in hand with the definitive sidelining of Prince Nangolo and is now the subject of a protracted legal battle in the High Court.
The alternative tribal office at Onethindi rivals the old OTA office at Oluno in Ondangwa which is currently run by retired NDF senior officer and former Sam Nujoma bodyguard, Nepando Amupanda.
The gathering was addressed by several speakers including Ambassador Eddie Amkongo, who is the Onethindi tribal office administrator, and the executive director of NamRights, Phil yaNangoloh, who focused on the legal aspects involved.
 YaNangoloh maintained that the dismissed traditional leaders retain their legal status until such a time that they are de-gazetted.
Whatever decision taken by the un-gazetted headmen, who were appointed to replace them, would be null and void, he said.
Those who attended the gathering also vowed to definitively withhold their cooperation with the OTA office at Oluno.
Dismissed senior traditional councillor Vilho Kamanya said Saturday’s gathering was convoked to gauge the public’s views on the ongoing in-fighting within the Ondonga traditional community.
“We wanted them to tell us what they know and what they believe. Their confidence in Prince Nangolo as the authentic heir to King Elifas is unequivocal,”
he said.

Related posts